Administration Support Officer
The purpose of this new job is to provide administrative support to the charity to ensure the efficient operation of the organisation. The postholder will support managers, employees, volunteers and directors through a variety of tasks related to organisation, administration and communication.
There is a one-year fixed term part-time contract for 35 hours a week. The postholder will be line managed by the Charity Lead Officer.
This role will require the postholder to work on the charity’s premises.
- Responsible for the writing and circulation of minutes and actions from all staff meetings.
- Answering phone calls and following up actions.
- Ordering of stock – consumables / cleaning products, first aid, art materials etc.
- Preparing invoices or receipts as required.
- Taking and recording payments for privately funded service users.
- Helping to prepare and deliver open days and other events.
- Dealing with correspondence including through website / email and ensuring that appropriate actions are taken where required.
- Dealing with visitors including arranging visits.
- Updating social media and website.
- Filing and other general office administrative duties.
Service Users Support
- Completing and submitting weekly attendance registers and collating service user activity records
- Arranging transport for service users as required.
- Drafting of letters to service users (eg requests for updated care plan information, reminders, general information about services/ changes).
- Maintaining service user risk assessments and risk management protocols
- Requesting care plan documentation following identified risks/ needs.
- Responding to enquires from carers, parents, social services etc.
- Maintaining service user timetables to reflect any changes in attendance/ locations.
- Following up non-attendance at sessions with phone calls – documenting outcomes.
- Managing paperwork for new referral requests
- Following receipt of referral information, inputting on to central spreadsheet database
- Updated service user induction and external support worker inductions
- Compiling information for service user reviews, (collation from daily report logs, input from other classes, taking and uploading photographs of activities).
- Compiling and distributing newsletters.
- Maintaining staff and training records
- Developing and maintaining welcome and induction paperwork
- Booking relevant training courses.
- Payroll processing
- Maintaining timesheets and TOIL policy records
- Recording sickness / holidays
- Maintaining staffing rota
- Managing Covid 19 risk assessments
- Ordering and replenishing staff Covid testing kits.
- Creating and updating covid cleaning rotas based on staff shift changes.
- Processing of all DBS checks (including for volunteers)
- Ordering and distribution of uniforms
- Writing of incident reports as needed.
- Completing accident forms as needed.
- Maintaining contact details for all volunteers
- Maintaining volunteer rota
- Preparing and delivering induction programmes for all volunteers
- Inputting volunteer hours to the spreadsheet
- In liaison with the Volunteer Coordinator, developing and distributing volunteer newsletter
Administrative assistant skills & proficiencies:
- Proven administrative experience
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Empathy with aims and objectives of charity
- Welsh speaker
- Understanding of data protection processes
- Background in care
- Interest in garden
Salary: £16544 for 35 hours per week
The closing date for applications is midday 31st January 2022
If you would like to apply for the post, please send a CV and a covering letter to email@example.com