In the past couple of weeks Libby has been busy promoting Erlas in the local media.
On Thursday 22nd August she was a guest on Calon FM’s Dave Williams’ lunchtime show, where she was talking about all things Erlas, including making and selling confetti, flower and vegetable growing and sales, art and craft classes, the Spend A Penny campaign and the great work that our service users and volunteers do.
You can listen to her interview by clicking below:
The previous week she hosted a Wrexham Leader journalist, Sophie Edwards, who having had a tour of the garden and a discussion with Libby, published an article in the paper about confetti making.
There are a number of easy ways that supporters of EVWG can help to promote awareness of the project:
- Bring family and friends down to the garden for a visit or to one of our events
- Tell your family and friends about our delicious seasonal fruit and vegetables which can be purchased Monday – Friday between 11:00 and 14:30
- Know of an upcoming wedding. Spread the word about of beautiful bespoke confetti
- If you are a member of a local group, why not organise a group visit – please contact us first to ensure we can accommodate a large group on a particular day
- Share social media posts so that your Facebook friends and Twitter followers see our updates
- Encourage family and friends to follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Erlas cannot operate without the generosity of our supporters. We are currently running a Spend-A-Penny campaign to build a new accessible toilet block in the West Garden. All donations are very welcome and will be recognised on our [toilet] roll of benefactors. Donations can be made via the following link. https://localgiving.org/appeal/spend-a-penny/